Monday, March 26, 2007

A summary of the last week or two

I know, I should write more often, but you know how it is. :) Anyway, here is a slight summary of what has been happening in the past weeks.

Me and Ka Chun went to a space theme party at an old synagog in central Denver, a party organized by Burning Man people - it was, to use an American expression - awesome. Obviously they had spent 5 weeks preparing all the decorations and there were around 10 different rooms with art installations plus a big main room for the live concerts. We met some interesting people and saw some interesting costumes, to say the least. We realized the need for costumes the same day the party was, so we went the easy route and dressed as Men In Black - me being Ka Chun's trainee as I don't have a full suit here. :) I didn't bring my camera there but I will let you know if I find any photos on the internet.

Anyway, musicwise I have been meeting up with a lot of people and it seems I will play a few gigs here now; I will post them all at tectonic.groundmotion.com when I get them confirmed. I have already played one gig, an electro/tech/deep house sesson at one of the local clubs called Funky Buddha, a really nice place, small, intimate and stylish. Imagine Bakfickan with an outdoors patio on the second floor. :)

I have had the pleasure of meeting with my relatives again, this time in their home, and a good time was had! Coming up next is an easter dinner where I'll get to meet even more of the relatives. Looking forward to that!


Last, I just want to share a picture I took of a car that I pass by almost everyday on my way to work, it's parked on 16th & Madison and it looks like it hasn't been moved for a few years. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

[insert geek star trek joke here]

Tja, måste skriva på svenska så att du inte tappar all svenska när du är ute i USA. Hoppas din accent blir riktigt tjockt amerikansk så man kan mobba dig för det.

Jan Warnstam said...

Aj would näver äver speek english, wood aj!?

Hehe.

Du får väl se vad du tycker när vi träffs nästa gång. ;)