Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hi everyone

Just a short message to let you know why there hasn't been an update in a while - my laptop broke down last week and refuses to start, so it has now been at the repair shop for over a week. They first thought it was the CPU fan but after replacing that it still doesn't start up, so now the hypothesis is that it is indeed the motherboard that needs replacement.

Anyway, short summary of the current situation: My parents were here and among other things we went to Cripple Creek and Canon City, and I have a lot of photos from there that I will sort and upload as soon as my laptop returns; the harddrive is functioning well by the way, but just for safety measures I have taken 2 DVD's worth of backups from it, so all the imagery will eventually surface on Flickr.

After being here for two weeks they went home and after a bit of trouble in Copenhagen (11 hours to be exact!!) they got home, safe and sound.

I keep on working using the workstation computer at DMNS, and I have had a few interesting meetings in the past week, and have a few more planned. Next week I got to Minneapolis to play records at Konkrete Jungle and 9th Circle, and I will also meet up with the planetarium people at the Minnesota Science Museum while I'm there, so it will be a nice combination of work and play. :)

Well, time to go to bed now - I might actually get up really early tomorrow and run the Cherry Creek Sneak, a 5 mile race that is very close to where I live. The only issue is that I haven't been running a lot, as I got my running shoes when my parents came here, but I might try anyway. I will report soon again and I hope that the laptop gets fixed before I leave for Minneapolis on Tuesday!

Until next time, have a good one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to give us the results from the Cherry Creek Sneak race. Say "Cherry Creek Sneak" really fast a couple of times... I just love the name! :)

Jan Warnstam said...

My fantastic time was 48:36.4 on the 5-mile race. :) I blame three factors; the altitude (1 mile), the heat (almost 30 degrees Celcius 9 in the morning!!) and the fact that I had only done two running sessions in Denver before that race. But still, it was a lot of fun! Free beer at the end. :)